Whether it is for light use or as a budding designer, you will need a good sewing machine. Your goal should be getting an affordable sewing machine that is simple to use, while at the same time giving you the best experience.
There are many brands and companies that make the best sewing machine for beginners, from size, to features, to market competitive prices and functionality. Here are some of the sewing machines that you can consider.
1. Singer Start 1304
It is a small-sized machine that has all the vital functions. It occupies less space, and it is easily movable. It has the following additional features:
- Its maximum speed is 400 stitches per minute; however, it is adjustable to your preference.
- It has a reverse sewing option
- It contains 6 in-built stitches, this is slightly more than the hand-held machine.
- Its frame is heavy-duty metal.
2. Brother XM2701
This machine has an Amazon choice tag, and it has excellent reviews online. The advantages of going for this machine are:
- It has 27 built-in stitches that you can choose from.
- You can stitch in reverse or forward with this machine.
- The presser foot is replaceable; it comes with 6 feet from which to select.
- It comes with an LED bulb.
- It has a speed of 800 stitches per minute, but you can select the speed that you prefer.
- It has a transparent top drop bobbin, which is excellent for seeing how it works.
- It gives you an option to choose between stitch by hand or using the pedal.
It is very affordable, and it has the following feature to consider:
- It has 12 built-in stitches and styles.
- A reverse sewing option.
- A replaceable presser foot option
- It comes with an accessories’ drawer with a few of these items.
- The sewing space is also lit sufficiently
- Comes with 2 speeds allowing you to choose high or low.
There are a few drawbacks to getting this machine such as, it is hard to thread the bobbin, and it does not have enough space.
4. MICHLEY LSS-505
It is fully functioning, and it comes at an affordable rate. Some of its best features are:
- It allows you to sew in 12 completely different styles.
- Like most machines, it gives an option for reverse sewing
- The presser foot can also be replaced.
- It contains an in-built accessories drawer.
- Adequate lighting at the workspace with 2 speeds option.
With all its efficiency, it has a few cons, such as it can skip stitches, and you may have a hard time threading the bobbin.
5. Brother LS2125i
It is a machine that you can use for everyday tasks, and it is also suitable for beginners. It comes with the following functions:
- It has 10 in-built stitches that include the zigzag, stretch, and blind hem.
- It has an automatic 4-step buttonhole function that helps you in making customized buttonholes.
- It has a carrying handle, in-built storage feature, and 3 presser feet, among many others.
There are many other types and brands that you can consider. You can start your research on the internet.