People nowadays are facing incredible challenges in their personal and professional life that are stretching their physical and psychological limits.
As a reaction to life’s everyday demands, the number of individuals experiencing chronic stress is steadily increasing, particularly in the United States. Unlike eustress that can help excite and motivate people, chronic stress can result in medical and mental health issues.
A recent survey found that chronic stress is a significant concern in the U.S., as 57% of respondents admitted that stress paralyzed them. When anxiety is slowly taking over one’s life, stress management coaching can help.
Unfortunately, some are still hesitant to seek professional help because of various misconceptions they heard about stress coaching.
Truths Behind Stress Management Coaching Myths
A stress management coach can significantly help anyone suffering from the debilitating effects of stress. If stress overwhelms you, but you are unsure of receiving stress management coaching because of certain misunderstandings, here are truths you should know:
- You do not need to suffer physically and mentally before seeking help.
There is a misconception that you only need stress coaching if your physical and mental condition is already affected. The truth is, it is best to seek support as early as possible to prevent your situation from getting worse. An experienced coach can help you understand and manage your stressors, so you do not have to succumb to them.
- You will not become dependent on your stress coach.
Some people think that once they start relying on professional help, it will be difficult for them to handle future challenges on their own. This view is false, considering that the primary goal of stress coaching is to equip the person with healthy coping skills. The stress counselor works to empower individuals so they can effectively handle whatever stressors and challenges they have to face in life.
- Asking help from a stress counselor does not mean you are weak.
Seeking stress counseling or similar type of professional help is often viewed as a sign of weakness. In reality, it takes more courage to accept your situation and seek advice from another. Keep in mind that athletes also have coaches not because they are lacking, but because they need expert guidance to reach their goal.
Stress management coaches act in the same way. They are experts that can guide people to achieve their goal of handling stress and enjoying a somewhat “stress-free” life.
How Can Stress Management Coach Help?
A stress coach can help you in the following ways:
- Provide you with information about stress, stressors, and its many effects.
- Help you discover the role of stress in your life and the primary stressors in your life.
- Teach you essential skills and coping strategies to help you manage stress.
- Help you change your perspective about stress so you can face stressors and your situation in a more positive way.
- Work with you until you can develop healthy coping habits and suitable stress management techniques so you can fight stress on your own.
- Inspire you to handle daily challenges better.
- Empower you to live a well-balanced life.
If you are finding it difficult to relax because of too much stress, know that help is just a call away. Instead of hoping that you will eventually feel better, you should rely on a professional stress management coach.
Get in touch with Keely Noelle today, so you can personally experience the advantages of having an expert help you out.