An easy-to-read blog with useful information never fails to attract the audience. Every business needs customer or audience attraction to gain monetary benefits, and blogging is one of the ways to attract web traffic. Most often writers start blogging as a hobby and later convert them into a business. If your blogging with an intention to generate revenue, you need to strategize a few things for it to be successful. This article takes a look at some of the important points on how to start a blog and work on it to generate better business for your eCommerce store.
Blogging is a great way to attract potential customers
A blog is a webpage that is regularly updated with new content. The writing style on a blog is usually casual and informal. The friendly writing techniques attract more readers, which eventually helps in achieving more online income in the future. There are many reasons for a writer to start a blog, and some of them include:
- To showcase writing skills
- Sharing knowledge, passion, and opinions
- Self-branding and business endorsement
- To sell services or products on an eCommerce store
To achieve positive results, one has to stay active on their blog and maintain consistency in publishing content. It is recommended to publish articles weekly or bi-weekly for better response. If your ambition is to gain monetary benefits from the blog, you need to be patient, as it takes a while to get there. Do not lose hope, and stay focused during the initials stages.
Firstly, to be a blogger, you need to invest some dedicated time. If you have ideas to share and time to jot them down as a blog, things will fall in place as blogging is a very straight forward process.
Here are a few details you need to look into before you start a blog for your eCommerce store.
There are many ways to earn money from a blog. Bloggers help in endorsing eCommerce stores and are in high demand. It all depends on what your content is and how you showcase it. Not every blog requires more readers or views to gain recognition. You can gain benefits from existing readers with valuable content. Some tips to earn money through blogging are:
- Showcase your distinct skills and turn them into a business. Once your talent is recognized, you can offer services such as writing, designing, counseling, etc.
- Create blogs as a platform to sell and publish books.
- Promote products of popular brands on your blog, and get paid for advertisements.
- Generate revenue by selling digital goods created by you like photos, resumes, designs, etc.
- Start an online business of selling goods such as customized mugs, t-shirts, frames, etc.
- Publish reviews on products and restaurants.
Make sure all information published on your blog is original and trustworthy. Be loyal to your readers, and serve them with the best content to gain their confidence.
It is important to create a blog with a target audience in mind. Your content needs to be category-oriented and channelized to target a specific audience. Doing so increases traffic and monetizes your blog much faster than expected. There should be a reason for readers to get back to your blog, and this can be achieved only by sticking to a particular category. If you do this, readers know for sure where to find a solution or detail for a specific search they are looking for on the internet. In case your interest lies in many categories, then it’s better to start a new blog for each one of them.
Budding bloggers usually find it confusing on selecting a platform for their blog. Blogging platforms are of two types:
- Self-hosted Platforms – These platforms allow you to customize your blog according to your needs. They charge a monthly fee and even help you during the initial stages. WordPress.org and This Guide are well known self-hosted platforms.
- Hosted Platforms – Blogger and WordPress.com are some of the familiar platforms which allow you to start a blog for free. The blog set-up is very simple and has a specific set of audience.
Keep your content ideas ready and create a spreadsheet to organize its delivery. Spreadsheets help you decide which topic goes out when, and this is called a content calendar. Make sure you deliver content with a good mix of topics under the category. Some of them are:
- Evergreen Content – A topic that is regularly searched by people on Google.
- Topical Content – Content on trending topics under a category.
- Curated Content – Small articles with short and crispy information.
- Incorporating Videos and Images- Adding videos and images related to the topic can pep-up the audience of your blog.
Blogging can be fun and interesting when you plan things in advance. Attracting bigger traffic to your blog depends on the strategies you use to build your blog.