With the presence of mobile devices, more people are turning to online portals for their shopping needs. Several factors contribute to the rising trend. The main reason, of course, is convenience.
You can browse online, click on a particular item, and drag it to your shopping cart. You can pay with a credit card or through an online wallet, and then wait for your package. Amazon is a common option for shoppers as there are many discounts available. Some would also search for deal news to find more significant discounts.
Global online retail sales are continually growing. For instance, by 2023, the total projected sales would double the expected $3.5 trillion in sales for 2019.
According to the survey from Maristpoll, more than seven in ten Americans shop online. Of that number, a quarter purchase something from e-commerce stores at least once a month. About 16% are buying at least once a week.
Below are some tips to maximize your online shopping experience:
- Take advantage of holiday deals. In the United States, some holidays have amazing deals. Among the significant events are the 4th of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Memorial Day, Black Friday, Green Monday, and Cyber Monday. Amazon also has regular discounts through its Prime Day program.
- Watch out for these days of the week. E-commerce stores offer discounts on specific days. You should look out for deal news and browse online on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to check discounts. If you’re planning to purchase plane tickets, defer your booking till Sunday.
- Make use of coupons. Online coupons are a great way to get the most value out of your money. Retailers work with these websites to offer discount options for customers. They work like traditional coupons where you use the redeem code to slash the price of the item. Retailers use these online coupons to attract new customers and reward loyal ones.
- Look for online gift cards. Another variation of coupon marketing is the gift card. You can log in on certain websites to purchase discounted gift cards. You can then use these cards to buy from the online retailer directly. These cards can also be given as gifts that can be sent as an e-gift or printed out.
- Do not buy right away. One cool trick is to leave an item in your online shopping cart. Expect the e-commerce store to offer you a discount to encourage you to take out the item. You can probably get at least a 10% discount off the regular price.
- Check for deal news. Certain websites will do the hard work for you. For instance, the Deal Experts list out all the discounts throughout the web and on different e-commerce sites. The beauty of the concept is that you do not have to spend hours browsing through different sites for the best deals. You can get all the best deals at one location.
Finally, do not underestimate the value of free shipping. Always factor in the delivery costs when purchasing an item. The online retailer may offer goods at a discount but charge an exorbitant fee on shipping. In the end, you lose more money compared to buying the item at a regular price.