Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/sretsis.parlour/
If Bangkok is known for just one thing, it’s choice! This city is bursting with places to go, things to see and experiences to try. From top cultural sights like the Grand Palace to shopping Meccas like Chatuchak, green oases like Lumphini Park and dining hotspots like Thonglor, there is not much this city can’t offer. When it comes to cake and coffee, there is a plethora of choice as well; the hard part is picking the perfect place to go. On that score, let us help you out by introducing one of the premier afternoon tea spots in the city – Sretsis Parlour. So, without further ado, here are the top twelve reasons to visit Sretsis café in Bangkok.
- Location – The café is in Bangkok’s most exclusive, high-end mall – Central Embassy. Best of all, it’s easily accessible from anywhere in downtown Bangkok by foot, taxi or train (connected to BTS Ploenchit). It’s also just a short distance from the city’s main entertainment hub: Siam.
- Whimsical – Created in conjunction with famous London-based luxury interior design brand House of Hackney, the parlour exudes an infectious whimsical charm from the moment you pass through the intricately hand-carved pink entrance.
- Wow Factor! – Step inside and you’ll discover a world replete with flower-motif carpeting, hand-painted frescoes, floral wallpaper, elegant printed furniture, sweeping staircases, beautiful lamps and plenty of brocade, velvet, feathers, fringe and tassels.
- Otherworldly – In essence, Sretsis café it’s a dream manifestation of the Sretsis universe. A cosy den for dreamers and lovers. A rendezvous spot for like-minded souls to converse over afternoon tea. A hidden nook away from the world in which to dream.
- Experiencial – The sisters have taken their artistic passion onto the serving plate too, creating a range of too-good-looking-to-eat foods that complement their creative flair. An afternoon tea repast here is like nothing else in town; it’s an experience in of itself.
- Signature Sets – The popular Sretsis Signature Tea Set comes with savoury Swedish sandwich cakes, blossom baby sponge cakes and daisy princess cakes (with an adorable figurine inside!), alongside No.57 tea, coffee or Chandon Champagne.
- Private – If you don’t feel like sitting with the hoi polloi and prefer something more intimate, book the Swan Room, a lilac chamber room fit for a queen, inspired by the private dressing rooms of Marie Antoinette.
- Health Conscious – Afternoon tea doesn’t have to stretch the waistline. The ‘healthy’ Forest Faeries Tea Set at Sretsis Parlour comes with a range of petite ‘raw’ (aka flour-and-sugar-free) cakes served with watermelon granita, No.57 tea or cold-pressed juice.
- Fantastical – Beyond the mundane, Sretsis café in Bangkok will escort you on a magical ride out of a city mall and into a world of whimsy and fantasy; where everything has been perfectly designed and styled to charm all those who enter.
- Fashionable – This delightful tearoom sits adjacent to the flagship store of dreamy fashion icon Sretsis, renowned for their sweet, energetic and sophisticated style. Take the opportunity to browse their latest collection before or afternoon your cake break.
- Unique – The parlour perfectly reflects the ethereal brand DNA that Sretsis is known for. If you’re looking for a unique spot to throw a baby shower, bachelorette party or celebrate Mother’s Day, this wonderland is the perfect antidote to soulless big-city chain cafes.
- Instagrammable– From the set design to the lighting and overall ambience, this place is a photographer’s dream canvas. Every part of the parlour offers a prime location to snap the perfect selfie or group shot. You can’t turn around in this adorable cafe without finding another photo-worthy scene.