There are hundreds of seafood recipes to make, but nothing beats shrimp recipes. Seafoods, especially shrimps, have this unique and tasty flavor you will surely love.
In addition, shrimps also have various health benefits. Eating dishes that are filled with shrimps helps in promoting brain and heart health thanks to its astaxanthin properties and omega-3 fatty acids.
By the same token, it is also low in calories and high in selenium and iodine which are minerals that help minimize inflammation and ensure appropriate thyroid function.
For this recipe, if there are no shrimps available, you can use small-sized prawns. Although prawns are often referred to as shrimp, they are not the same.
The exoskeleton of shrimp and prawn are distinguishable from each other despite the similarities in texture and flavor.
Garlic Butter Shrimp recipes are great for those nights when you are too tired to cook but still want to eat something satisfying. Plus, the combination of garlic, lemon, and butter create an Italian-like dish that is saucy and mouth-watering.
These are the ingredients for this delicious dish:
• For this recipe, you need a pound of shrimp and a minimum of five cloves of garlic or six if you want to give it that authentic garlicky flavor.
• For freshness, use the juice a whole lime. A lot of people throw away the peel of the citrus, but this can still be useful.
• Do not forget your cilantro. The freshness of the cilantro enhances the taste of the lime, which elevates the entire dish. If not available, you can substitute cilantro for any other fresh herb available in your kitchen or garden.
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 finely diced green onion
- Finely minced scallions
You can also eat these garlic butter shrimp recipes with a serving of brown rice or Thai noodles.
• Pat shelled shrimp until dry. Prepare to zest the lime for later.
• Season moderately with salt and pepper for smoky flavor.
• Heat 1 tbsp of butter inside a large skillet, Add the garlic and coriander.
• Keep the heat of the skillet at medium and stir until butter is runny and bubbly for one minute.
• Put the shrimp into the skillet and cook until the shrimp begins to become pinkish. This should take about a minute.
• Lightly stir in the scallions and add the lime zest into the pan. As you cook, continue to stir gently until the shrimp turns opaque and firm.
• Take the skillet off the heat and put 2 tbsp of butter, lime juice and fresh cilantro inside the skillet. The heat will melt the butter and merge with the lime juice resulting to a creamy and buttery sauce.
• Insert the diced onions and lightly toss until shrimp is evenly coated. Add seasoning as necessary for your taste.
• Serve hot.
Garlic shrimp butter with cilantro is one recipe that can be enjoyed alone or with family and friends.